Whether you’re throwing an intimate wedding or planning an elaborate Anniversary party, the entertainment can really make or break your event. Choosing the right type of entertainer sets the mood and can gracefully guide your guests from one spotlight moment to another. Before signing on the dotted line, here are 15 questions to ask your entertainer to make sure your event goes off without a hitch:
- Is my date available?
- How long have you been in the business?
- What sets you apart from the competition?
- How far in advance do I need to book your services?
- What is your pricing and your overtime fee?
- How much is the deposit and when are the payments due?
- Are there any additional fees that could accrue that I am not taking into consideration? **These could include set up, break down or travel fees, etc.
- What is your refund policy in the event that I need to cancel or change my date?
- Do you have any footage of previous events you worked that I can see?
- Can you assist me in choosing songs for my special moments?
- How extensive is your library of music and what happens if I want to play something you don’t have?
- How many people will you staff for my event?
- Do you take requests during the actual party?
- Are there any special accommodations that you and your equipment require that I should let the venue know about?
- Do you offer any additional services that I may want to incorporate into my event?
Having a hard time deciding between having a DJ or a live band at your event? This might help make that decision a little easier.