At every party, there are a few different kinds of people: those who greet everyone as soon as they walk in; those who longingly eye the buffet as they set up shop at their assigned table; and those who beeline it straight to the bar. That last group has probably had the same cocktails served at every function, so why not give them a new treat by creating a DIY Drink Bar at your next party?
DIY Margarita Bar
- Tequila, Cointreau, and Mezcal if you’re feeling cool
- Freshly-squeezed lime, grapefruit, mango, and orange juices
- Fresh lime slices, strawberries, and blackberries
- Salt (Kosher, Lucas, or chili salt on a plate all work well for rimming the glass.)
DIY Tiki Bar
- Lots of dark and light rums, orange curaçao, and orange syrup
- Cream of coconut
- Freshly-squeezed orange, lime, and pineapple juices
- Orange slices, pineapple chunks, and maraschino cherries
- Bitters and nutmeg
DIY Martini Bar
- Vodka, gin, Lillet, and dry vermouth
- Olive juice and soda water
- Cucumber slices, olives, and lemon twists
Tools to Have:
- Jiggler or measuring units
- Drink stirrers and mixing glasses
- Shaker and strainer
- The proper glasses for each bar
Five Must-Follow Rules for Your DIY Drink Bar:
- Be prepared. Squeeze a lot of citrus juice in advance, and put it in easy-pour bottles.
- Give people recipes and instructions on how to measure things. This way, no one ends up pouring a drink that’s 80% alcohol and 20% juice. That never turns out well.
- Always have sparkling water at the bar. Not everyone wants to drink a lot, and bubbles make every drink better.
- Have lots and lots of ice. Warm cocktails do not taste nearly as good as cold ones.
- Label everything. Now matter what glasses or containers you use, stick some masking tape on everything, so guests know what’s what.
If you don’t want to worry about setting up your own DIY Drink Bar, let Italian Center Banquets do it for you. We’re your perfect place in Stamford to hold your event for 60 or 600 in any of our three gorgeous event spaces. For more information about holding your event with us, call 203-322-6950.