Winter weddings can be magical and romantic, but there are a few issues that can occur when planning a party during the unpredictable winter months. If you’re planning a winter wedding, don’t worry–these simple tips will ensure you are ready for your big day no matter what is thrown your way:
- Invest in winter accessories: In addition to your typical jewelry and veil, you may also want to consider buying a faux fur stole, a chic cape or an elegant cardigan to add to your attire. If you’re taking pictures outside, these items will look beautiful and keep you warm.
- Tweak your beauty routine: Chapped lips and dry hands are inevitable in the colder months, so be sure to moisturize ahead of time and keep some items handy in your purse for a flawless face!
- Keep your bridesmaids warm: A great bridal party gift to give to your girls is a shawl or cute winter bridesmaids gloves in your wedding colors. These will not only look cute in photos, but will keep your ‘maids comfortable.
- Choose your location wisely: If possible, have your ceremony and reception at the same venue to avoid any transportation issues in the event of inclement weather.
- Add candles: Since the winter months are darker earlier, add some romance and light to your wedding by dressing the room with candles. Not only will this add to the ambiance of your big day, but will help provide a bit of warmth for your guests as well.
- Say cheese earlier: It’s important that you speak with your photographer ahead of time to discuss any issues with timing and the lighting of your photos. Since you lose a lot of light in the winter months, if you’re set on taking photos outside, you might need to take your portraits before your ceremony.
- Don’t ruin your heels: If you’re wearing heels, opt for having another pair of shoes handy for your outdoor photos. You wouldn’t want your heels sinking in mud or snow and being ruined for your big day–so having a backup pair is key!
If you’re planning the winter wonderland wedding of your dreams, Italian Center Banquets is here to help take care of all of the details for your big day. Our grand ballroom and unique outdoor space serve as the perfect venue and beautiful background to say “ I-do.” Our gracious staff can help you coordinate every detail and will put your mind at ease, creating a stress-free wedding planning experience! To learn more give us a call at 203-322-6950 today!