A wedding is one of the most exciting events in a person’s life. However, it can also be one of the most expensive. While you want your special day to be one that you and your guests never forget, ou don’t want to start out your marriage in debt. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to save money on your wedding, while still making it a night to remember!
- Cut down the number of guests you invite. You don’t really need to invite every third cousin in the family. Fewer guests means fewer plates to pay for and fewer invitations to buy.
- Consider having your wedding during the off-peak season. You’ll save thousands by having your wedding in the fall or winter. Since fewer weddings are held during the colder months, you’ll get a cheaper price from catering halls wanting to fill their venues.
- Hold your ceremony and reception in the same place. You’ll save on transportation costs between two spots.
- Skip the Saturday wedding. Having a wedding on a Friday or Sunday is less expensive.
- Use more greenery than flowers. Flowers can get pretty costly, so consider using plants and other flora. Plants can add a unique touch to your décor while saving you money.
- Avoid costly flowers. Not all flowers cost the same. For example, peonies can cost five times more than roses. Other flowers will still be as beautiful even if they cost less.
- Use bigger tables for fewer centerpieces. Having to buy centerpieces for a few tables of 10 is more cost-effective than having to buy them for tables of eight.
- Decorate with non-floral pieces. Are you having a beach or summer wedding? Use seashells instead of flowers. They are a fun flare to your décor and fit nicely with the atmosphere.
- Hire a smaller band: A smaller band equals a smaller bill.
- Email your save the dates: Especially if you’re sending out pretty invitations, cut your costs by simply emailing any other wedding information.
- Make your own menu and escort cards. Who doesn’t love a DIY project?
- Hire associate photographers. If you have a photographer whom you love, but is out of your budget, ask if he or she has an associate who will do your wedding for a cheaper price.
A big key to saving on your wedding is choosing an affordable venue. If you’re in Stamford, CT, look no further than Italian Center Banquets. We offer several beautiful event spaces at affordable prices. We’ll help make your wedding as magical as you imagine without breaking the bank.