Planning any special event takes a considerable amount of time, energy, and deliberation. One of the most important details of your event is choosing what venue to hold it at. You want to make sure you are choosing a venue that meets the needs of your party, while still giving you the best bang for your buck. These are the most important things to consider when choosing a venue for your special occasion.
- Location: It’s best to choose a venue that is easily accessible to all your guests. If mostly everyone is local, choose a venue that is no more than 30-45 minutes out of town. If you have guests traveling to attend, aim to choose a venue that is reasonably close to their airport and/or hotels. No one is going to be happy if they have to spend two hours getting to an event that only lasts three or four hours to begin with.
- Price: Parties warrant a lot of expenses, so find a venue that will cost you, at best, 50% of your budget. If you end up spending more than that, you will be forced to sacrifice other details that you originally wanted for your event. Pro Tip: Try to be flexible with your date so you can achieve the best price.
- Service & Amenities: Does the venue provide onsite catering? Are there inclusive packages you could benefit from? Are there AV capabilities? The extra services a venue offers (or doesn’t offer) could end up saving or costing you more effort and money.
- Capacities & Minimums: You can’t very well fit a party of 300 in a room that has a capacity of 200. Food and beverage minimums can also throw a rut in your plans if you’re arranging a smaller gathering. Make sure these venue numbers match up with your event needs.
- Parking: Guests are much happier when they have the option to have their car valeted rather than having to find parking themselves. If the venue doesn’t offer valet, make sure there is ample parking space on the grounds. You don’t need Grandma Rosy parking two blocks from the venue and tiring herself out before the party even begins.
Italian Center Banquets offers three beautiful venue spaces that can hold up to 600 guests, as well as reasonable pricing to keep you in-budget. We also offer plenty of amenities and perks to meet the needs of your special occasion in Stamford, CT. For more information or to speak to our expert staff about holding your event at Italian Center Banquets, call 203-322-6950.